Patient Bill of Rights
Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities. The entire network of GUBUM appreciates the trust that you have placed in us by having your treatment or procedure done at our practices. We will strive to make your experience with us a positive one and encourage patients to have a clear understanding and participate in matters and decisions related to their care. To ensure this we want to make you aware of your Patient Rights and Responsibilities.Patient RightsAs a patient of our practices, you have the right to:
- Respectful, considerate and dignified care given by Omni personnel in a manner that is not discriminatory on the basis of race, national origin, religion, or disability.
- The knowledge of the name and professional status of those involved in any treatment or procedure.
- Respect for personal privacy. Consultation, examination and treatment are confidential and shall be conducted discreetly.
- Be told the name and reason for the presence of any individual present involved in your treatment or procedure.
- Have records pertaining to his/her medical care treated as confidential, except as otherwise provided by law.
- Full information, in layman’s terms, concerning diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, including information about alternative treatments and possible risks.
- Receive as much information about any proposed treatment or procedure as you may need in order to give informed consent. This information shall include a description of the treatment or procedure, the significant risks involved, and the alternative options for treatment.
- A prompt and reasonable response to questions and requests.
- Receive upon request and prior to treatment or procedure, a reasonable estimate of cost for desired treatment or procedure.
- Access information contained in our records within a reasonable time frame, except when not permitted by law.
- Know what patient support services are available, including whether an interpreter is available.
- Be informed of available resources for resolving disputes, grievances and conflicts.
- Provide accurate and complete information with regard to past and current illnesses, hospitalizations, medication and other matters relating to your treatment or procedure needs.
- Report any unexpected changes in your health.
- Understand the treatment or procedure desired and if not to request that additional explanation or information be provide.
- Accept full responsibility for not following any pre and post treatment or surgical care instructions.
- Treat Omni Aesthetic staff in the same courteous manner that you expect to be treated.
- Financial obligations are fulfilled at the time of treatment or procedure.